There are two primary categories to the O.U.R. Push-Up Challenge: Pledges and Push-Ups
1) Your goal is to find people who are willing to support the O.U.R. mission by sponsoring and pledging your push-ups.
2) Sponsors will decide how much money they would like to pledge per push-up. [For example: If John Doe (your sponsor) pledges $1 per push-up and you complete 30 consecutive push-ups (that will be verified through the video you submit), Mr. Doe would then donate $30 as your sponsor.]
3) Sponsors can pay by cash, check, or online. Sponsors can also make a one-time donation (instead of per push-up).
4) Throughout the duration of the contest, you will be able to enter your donations by going to "ADD A DONATION" on the dashboard of your push-up account. Simply enter the data from your pledge form.
5) If your sponsor decides to submit their own donation via the DONATE button at the top of this page, be sure to provide them with your "USER ID" so that the donation is credited to you for the contest.
Just as the title suggests, this is a push-up challenge! This means we expect push-ups to be done correctly.
FIRST, find a friend who can film your push-ups! In the video: state your name, where you're from, and "Your Story" of why you have chosen to participate in this challenge. (Stories will also be eligible for prizes)
THEN, film your push-ups by following the "Push-Up Rules" below.
1) Start in the push-up position - with your hands and toes touching the floor, your body and legs are in a straight line, feet slightly apart, your arms at shoulder width apart, extended and at a right angle to the body.
2) Keeping the back and knees straight, lower your body until there is a 90-degree angle at the elbows, with the upper arms parallel to the floor, then back up to a flat back.
3) Push-ups MUST be consecutive (no stopping to rest), with one complete push-up about every three seconds (this is around 20 complete push-ups per minute).
4) You should continue to do push-ups until you can do no more in rhythm.
5) We recommend that you practice your push-ups by following these rules prior to recording your video. Please have the person recording your video "count" your push-ups as you are completing them.
6) Once you've completed your push-ups and recorded them, you should upload the video to your Facebook or YouTube account. (If you don't have an account for one of these platforms, please create one for this contest).
7) Once uploaded to Facebook or YouTube, login to your push-up account and on the dashboard under "Submit Push-Up Video," enter the embed link for your push-up video as well as the number of push-ups you completed and then SUBMIT.
8) You can upload a new push-up video as many times as you want throughout the duration of the contest. Your most recent entry will count towards the contest prizes.
**All submitted push-up videos will be reviewed and winners will be verified by Chris Swanson and Tim Ballard.
We understand that some people have physical limitations that may hinder them from completing a correct push-up.
If you have a physical limitation but you still want to compete, please let us know by sending an email to email@example.com and we can work with you and your particular situation and discuss your options.
We will award 6 First Place prize winners for each of the individual categories below and 3 Grand Prize winners for participants who rank the highest in combined "Most Money Collected," "Most Correct Push-Ups," and "Best Story."
All expenses paid 2 day / 1 night VIP tour of Operation Underground Railroad's Headquarters and a special dinner with Tim Ballard and other members of the executive team.
All expenses paid 3 day / 2 night trip to somewhere in the world where you will go behind the scenes to witness how O.U.R. helps survivors after they are rescued. You will be accompanied by Tim Ballard and Chris Swanson!