by Action News Staff | kimatv.com
ELLENSBURG — The Washington State Patrol says 13 dangerous sexual predators who targeted children in Kittitas County have been caught thanks to a multi-day operation run by WSP and local law enforcement.
In Operation Net Nanny undercover Law enforcement officers communicated on the internet through various websites and mobile phone applications with people interested in having sex with children.
WSP says the operation generated hundreds of responses. The would-be perpetrators who were arrested over the five-day operation traveled to meet with undercover detectives posing as young girls and boys with the intent to engage in sexual activity with children as young as three years old.
Suspects were arrested for crimes including attempted rape of child, sexual abuse, child pornography, and distribution of unlawful substances to children.
The names of the individuals arrested during the operation are:
-Camacho, Carlos J., 36, Union Gap, WA
– Lindral, John C., 65, Easton, WA
– Rankin, Andrew R., 31, Yakima, WA
– Rex, Nathan A., 30, Ellensburg, WA
– Quiroz, Tommy Joel Paul, 32, Yakima, WA
– Martinez, Omar A., 24, Pasco, WA
– Pierce, Edward E., 42, Tacoma, WA
– Conklin, William O., 31, Ellensburg, WA
– Avila, Roberto, 23, Quincy, WA
– Gilson, Donald D., 36, Ellensburg, WA
– Mendoza, Juan R., 29, Richland, WA
– Flores, Guadalupe M., 22, Granger, WA
– Geyer, Joseph E., 32, Ellensburg, WA
Want to hear more about the great work from our partners in Washington State?
Read about past Net Nanny operations here.